Portsmouth Tea Blogger

"Christian contentment is that sweet, inward, quiet, gracious frame of spirit, which freely submits to and delights in God's wise and fatherly disposal in every condition." Jeremiah Burroughs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire, United States

I grew up on sweet iced tea in the Redneck Riviera. Now in New England, I've needed to adapt. I am now surrounded by the finest teas in the world. I know because my colleague and I found them, brought them home and turned them into something new. We hope you enjoy our tea and we hope you learn something.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Red Hat Ladies Love the Bean

We opened our doors to the Red Hats this weekend, a collection of mature, albeit silly gigglers, adourned in purple and red frivolity. It is our custom to take on large groups and talk about tea, but there was something special about these ladies. Besides the fact that they came to spend, they also camed to savor...and savor they did. They drank as much tea as I could make for them. Surprised at the subtlety of white tea, the smooth richness of oolong and the debth of our blacks, I could tell they were still waiting for something different - something that kept them on the edge of their caffeine buzzed seats.

Oh! Yes! They wanted Chocolate! And they didn't want to wait much longer.

I enjoyed their anticipation, so I thought I would stretch it out a wee bit longer. I passed around an opened tin, filled with our Chocolate Rasberry, which is filled with black tea, rasberries and diced Lindt Dark Chocolate (another local favorite). They had heard about this tea, which can only be found in our office (it doesn't ship well) and I was a bit nervous that it wouldn't hold up to their expecations. But finally, I brewed it up and served.

I was unprepared for the expolosion of giggles that shook the rafters of our old mill building. It was the highlight of my day and certainly something I won't forget for a long time. As I get older and they get younger, I hope we one day meet somewhere at the same age holding our chocolate bars and giggling all the way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home