Portsmouth Tea Blogger

"Christian contentment is that sweet, inward, quiet, gracious frame of spirit, which freely submits to and delights in God's wise and fatherly disposal in every condition." Jeremiah Burroughs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire, United States

I grew up on sweet iced tea in the Redneck Riviera. Now in New England, I've needed to adapt. I am now surrounded by the finest teas in the world. I know because my colleague and I found them, brought them home and turned them into something new. We hope you enjoy our tea and we hope you learn something.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Rooibos experience

I came home this evening ready to make dinner, the chicken already defrosted. Wanting to come up with something new, I decided to cook it on the stove. I melted butter, added a bit of grapeseed oil, white wine, tarragon and rosemary. It needed something. I caught my stump pot in the corner of my eye and grinned, remembering a delicous lemon-pepper recipe I had a while back. Avalanche Rooibos might add the complexity I was looking for. Sure nuff. I cooked both sides in a covered iron skillet and served with rice and peas. It was a crowd pleasure.

This cooking with tea stuff is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home